Take control of the wheel and leave everything else in the rear view with this cross country road trip which stops at all of Korea’s most alluring and scenic spots!
Wander the sprawling grounds of Changdeokgung Palace and see a garden fit for kings, the enchanting Huwon Garden. Explore the antique and traditional handicrafts that line the streets of Insadong and escape from the bustle of the city with a stroll along the cheonggyecheon stream. In the evening, sit back and enjoy a uniquely Korean theatre performance.
Seoul - Sokcho
Head to Sokcho and take a trek around Seoraksan National Park, known for its breathtaking views and internationally known for its rare animal and plant species.
Sokcho - Andong
Find serenity in Naksansa Temple, which boasts a 1,300-year history. Drive on toward Andong and step into the past of the Joseon Dynasty at Hahoe Folk Village known for its well preserved traditional architecture, treasures, and folklore.
Andong - Gyeongju
Journey to Gyeongju, the ancient capital of the Silla Kingdom. Capture the past through the relics and treasures in Gyeongju Museum. Catch a glimpse of the royal past at the Daereungwon Tomb Complex and visit the oldest standing observatory in East Asia. In the evening, take in the magnificent night views of Anapji Pond.
Take a climb along the open air museum of Namsan Mountain and embrace the tranquility found in Bulguksa Temple and nearby Seokguram Grotto, known for arguably some of the finest Buddhist sculptures in the world.
Gyeongju - Busan
Travel South to Busan, Korea’s 2nd largest metropolis. Visit Tongdosa Temple, famous for having no statues of Buddha due to the relics enshrined inside. Relax with a stroll along Haeundae Beach and enliven your senses in the bustle of the Jagalchi Fish Market. Before you go, capture some impressive panoramic views of the city and harbor from the top of Busan Tower.
Busan - Namhae
Visit Namhae, known as Korea’s Treasure Island. Stop by Jinjuseong Fortress and spend the rest of the day enjoying the picturesque island.
Gaze upon the charming layered rice paddies of Daraengi Village and discover serenity at Boriam Temple with spectacular views of the mountain and the sea.
Namhae - Suncheon - Boseong
Stop by Suncheon and observe nature in its purest form at the coastal wetlands of Suncheon Bay.
Boseong - Mokpo
Capture the completely charming views of quaint country roads and rolling hills of the green tea plantations in Boseong. Continue onward and take a trek along Mount Yudalsan for some rewarding views of Mokpo, a southern port city.
Mokpo - Jeonju
In Jeonju, appreciate the intricate architecture of the Jeonju Cathedral and see the revered portrait of King Tae-jo at the Gyeonggijeon Shrine. Learn something new while visiting Hyanggyo Confucian School, a national education center during the Joseon Dynasty.
Jeonju - Seoul
Return to Seoul for the end of the journey and enjoy the city at leisure.
- All accommodations (breakfast included each morning)
- Rental car for all days outside of Seoul
- T-money card (for public transportation within Seoul)
- Tickets to a Korean performance
- Road book with directions and recommendations for visits
Price Does Not Include
- International flights
- Traveler’s insurance
- All meals and drinks not specifically noted in the program
- Entrance fees or parking
- Any personal expenses
- Transportation to/from the airport
- Any cancellation fees
- Any fees not previously mentioned as “included”
A deposit is required within one week of booking and receipt of the invoice with final payment due before 60 days of departure. However, the customer can request to make an initial deposit payment and finish by installments. Reservations will not be secured until invoice has been paid in full.
The cancellation policy is as follows, if the cancellation notice is received before:
30 days: No charge (You will receive a full refund.)
29-7 days: 30% of total charge (70% refund)
06-01 days: 100% of total charge (0% refund)
Small or large group tours may be subject to different cancellation policies. The customer is not entitled to a refund in the event of a later start or an early departure from the activity. Extra costs incurred due to a later start, an early departure, or the postponement of an activity, are to be paid by the customer.
* Price of rental car includes insurance. Insurance will typically cover damages incurred past ₩500,000. Damage incurred below this price is the responsibility of the customer. Insurance policies are subject to change. It is important for the customer to review all insurance policies before accepting the rental agreement.
* The price for this tour has been calculated based on the exchange rate from December 3,2015. In the case of any major change in the exchange rate, Finding Korea reserves the right to increase the price of the tour up to 45 days in advance of the tour, at which time the customer is required to pay the difference or request a full refund.